Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Here we go....





Here we are - Sean, Shane, me, and Darrin. Ready to leave Cleveland for our 9000+ mile adventure that would change our lives and our hearts for ever. In my journal that day I wrote " We left Cleveland today - we left our families, the comforts of home with suitcases burdened more with supplies for others than for ourselves. It is the hardest, yet one of the most exciting things I've ever dared to do. It was hard because I was leaving behind the comforts of the known in exchange for the discomforts of the unknown. Yet the calm in my inner being was like being confortable in an iceburg. Joshua 1:8 came to mind many times today, "Have I not commanded you? Be trong and courageious. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the L*rd your G*d will be with you where ever you go." The same G*d that loves me also loves the people of Ch*d. They just don't all know it yet. I pr*y that G*d will bless each of our hands and hearts as we touch each person we care for so that they will feel G*d's love just because I (we) stood with them in that moment."
The Saturday before we left, our families gathered for the afternoon and had a chance to talk with Dave Guiles. He said many things that afternoon, but one of the most profound and the words that came back to me many times in the next few weeks were these, " When you are in the center of G*d's will, you have nothing to fear." Isn't that what Joshua was saying? I was about to learn how very true those words could be.










No comments:

Post a Comment